Sunday, May 27, 2012

Quotes and Artwork

Madeleine, complaining about her stuffy nose as I snuggled her at bedtime:

MADELEINE: Mommy, I think there's something in my nose.  I need to get it out.  I think I need a tissue.
ME: Honey, we already tried a tissue.  You didn't blow anything out.
MADELEINE: But Mom, I think I need a tissue.  I think I need to get the WORMS out of my nose.

I went and got her another tissue, but unfortunately, none of the worms were willing to come out.


Julia, contemplating Curious George's attempt to buy a $5.00 toy boat with five pennies:

"Mom, if I wanted to buy something with my OWN money and I saw it cost five hundred dollars, I would just put it back and look for something else.  You wouldn't just randomly grab something and bring it up to pay without seeing how much it was."


Madeleine, loudly, in the middle of dinner at Blue on Highland last night, attempting to sing "King Herod's Song" from Jesus Christ, Superstar:

"So, you are the CHRIST, oh, the beautiful CHRIST!  You're the CHA-RIIIIST!  Ohhhh, the BEAUTIFUL CHAAAA-RIIIIIST!  Go home!  Get BACK IN YOUR BED!  Oh, the CHAAAAARIIIIIIST!"


Julia, on why she didn't want to eat the crusts of her grilled cheese sandwich:

ETHAN: Honey, what is it you don't like about your crust?
JULIA: I think it TASTES weird, like I think about ASPARAGUS.


Meanwhile, the girls have also been busy with their artwork.  When Auntie Caitlyn was here on Friday, Madeleine put her to work drawing My Little Ponies.  Per Madeleine's request, the ponies all had to be mean.  Madeleine even helped draw some of the frowny faces, as well as contributed her gigantic ghoul eyes to most of the ponies.  One of the ponies even seems to have an extra set of ghoul eyes right to the left of her head.  Take a look, and see if you can tell which parts of the picture were drawn by Caitlyn and which by Madeleine:



Julia had missed out on all the pony drawing fun, but never fear: she decided to make her own pony picture, complete with rainbows (as well as some sort of tentacles descending from their legs.)  I should point out that Julia's ponies were NOT mean; hers are all sporting happy faces:




The girls got a chance to make more artwork at church today, coloring a picture of a cake to celebrate the idea of Pentecost being the birthday of our church.  Madeleine's cake just wouldn't be her own without some ghoul eyes on it:



Furthermore, she decided to draw one of her ghouls on the back of the picture, as well as what appears to be a column of the letter "J":



I'm just relieved that she didn't burst into "So you are the CHAAAAARIIIIIIST!" in the middle of the church service today.

1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha. That would be the best place to sign about Christ! XOXOXO, Love, Yiayia

    ReplyDelete