Saturday, March 31, 2012

The Goldens

Forget the Fresh Beat Band. Julia has decided to start her own pop rock band, The Goldens. Over the past few days, she has put on several performances for me, making a stage out of her two little art table chairs, and using an egg-beater for a microphone. All of her songs are self-composed and she requires no back-up singers, so it seems we have a rising star on our hands. Here is some footage from today's live Goldens concert, featuring three new original songs:




Of course, wherever Julia goes, Madeleine is not far behind, so before we knew it, she was requesting a turn up on stage to perform her own songs. I present to you the other hip new one-girl band in our house, "The Flowers":





When Julia is not busy performing her songs, she is busy launching her career as an interior designer. She recently expressed envy over the wall stickers in Madeleine's room and asked if there were any leftover:




I told her we didn't have leftovers, but that I was happy to take a few down for Julia to hang in her room, since Madeleine has so many.

Apparently the stickers I gave her just weren't enough, because I recently discovered some handmade decorations that Julia had taped around her room:




If anyone is interested in hiring Julia for your own interior design, let me know. She specializes in birds and clouds but could potentially offer you pictures of Cowie and binky, too.

2 comments:

  1. Courtney, is Julia Lila on the autoharp all over again or what?!?!?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Summer song certainly has a lot of voice sliding going on! For my interior design job, I would request the horse from her recent horse story she published! XOXO, Love, Yiayia. P.S. I enjoyed Madeleine's song but she put a new twist on the whisk as a microphone which became a drumstick!

      Delete