Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Madeleine makes music

Madeleine was shaking the maraca like a wild woman today:






Until she decided to eat it like it was a drumstick of fried chicken:



She then moved onto the xylophone:



and from there, the piano:



I'm telling you, between Madeleine's precussive predilection and Julia's penchant for making up her own songs, not to mention their parents' musical backgrounds, we have the makings of a family band somewhere down the line. You may very well wind up hearing an eclectic, classically-sung, with jazz harmonies and wildly unpredictable maraca rhythms, version of "Schoolbuses" one of these days. Keep your ears out for it.

5 comments:

  1. I'm shocked Julia didn't have to jump in and rip it out of her hands! I'm guessing Max and Ruby are on in the background there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I've always had a grand scheme of my kids forming their own jazz ensemble. It's all going according to plan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Rowartridge Family? Will you also do the reality show. Uck, Monamou, that Madeleine is sooooo cute. She's getting as cute as her sister!

    Love,
    Yiayia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha I figured when I saw her legs happily plopped on the couch back there!

    Ethan, I like the plan. Make them do the work and reap the benefits. Mike has already planned out our child's NFL or NBA career to make himself rich.

    ReplyDelete