Wednesday, August 4, 2010

A few noteworthy quotes

Julia took it upon herself to get her own yogurt out of the fridge while I was drying my hair. She brought it over to me as I was drying the last few strands and asked me to pull the foil lid off of the yogurt for her. I promised her I would do it in just a minute, as soon as I was done, to which she cried, "No, but Mama! We have to hurry and eat it all, before it gets RAW!"

I, on the other hand, was trying to make my raw food items into cooked food items for lunch, and was attempting to get the burners on the gas stove to work so I could boil some eggs. The flame would continuously light on just one half of the burner, until eventually it wouldn't light at all. I said that I was probably going to have to ask Daddy to come help me, but Julia reminded me, "No, Mama, Daddy doesn't like to be interrupt." While I'm pleased that she understands that Daddy doesn't like to be interrupt when he's working (although she occasionally disregards that preference to go upstairs and ask him if she looks so cute in her outfit), I would love it if she would realize that I ALSO don't like to be interrupt when I'm trying to do something important - as in the phone call a few days ago during which she demanded I tell her how to spell "gate."

And speaking of Daddy, Julia and I had this conversation about him, among other people, in the car on the way to swim lessons:

JULIA: Mama, Madeleine's so great.
ME: She sure is. I think so too. I really love her.
JULIA: And me too.
ME: Oh, I'm so glad you love your sister.
JULIA: No, me too, I'm so great.
ME: You're right! You're SO SO SO great. I love you so much too!
JULIA: Yeah, because, I was thinking, I remembered that's what Daddy told me.
ME: Daddy told you that you're so great?
JULIA: Yeah, I was thinking that I remembered that Daddy said that.
ME: Well, that's because it's true!
JULIA: Yeah, I know.

I almost broke out with Yia-yia's "She's so great, oh she's so great, oh Julia is so G-G-G-G-G-GREAT!" song, but alas, we had arrived at the pool so it will have to wait for some other time.

2 comments:

  1. Ah...sigh, so glad to see you are tempted to keep up the "He/She's so Great" tradition! Hahaha. Love, Yiayia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah Julia? That's what you were thinking? That you remembered Daddy said that? HAHAHAHAHA. SHE IS SUCH A CUTE DOPE! I just want to eat her face off!

    ReplyDelete