Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Bathroom logic

Last night at bedtime, Julia kept insisting she needed to poop, then would proceed to sit on the toilet and whine about the fact that she couldn't get any poop out. When we would suggest she just get into bed and try again later if she needed to go, she would resist and insist she needed to stay on the toilet. And then would resort back to whining. Finally I warned her that if she didn't hurry and get to bed, we wouldn't have time to read a few chapters of "Sideways Stories from Wayside School" (or, as she calls it, "Right-side Stories from Right-side Pool.") That was enough to scare her off the pot and into bed, although she came down several more times after we said good-night to try the potty again, with no luck. She confided in me that she was scared of having an accident in her bed, but I assured her that pooping in the bed was a lot less likely a thing to happen in her sleep than was wetting her bed.

Today she has been back to normal, although she did have to go into the bathroom for round two late this afternoon. She had a very logical explanation for what is going on: "Mommy, I think the reason why I'm doing weird poops is because my tonsils are getting large." Well, there's some brilliant logic for you; good thing I have Julia around to explain the ways of the world to me.

2 comments:

  1. BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Courtney! How ever did you create such a weirdo!? I think she surpasses all of us on the weirdness scale which is NOT easy to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did she grow her tonsils anyway? How's that for a joke of evolution?

    ReplyDelete