Thursday, July 22, 2010

Hard workers

Every night before bed, Julia is responsible for picking up all her toys in the living room. She generally does a pretty good job, although her book shelving skills leave a little to be desired. I don't think she'll be getting a job at the library anytime soon; here is what her bookshelf looked like last night after she put her books away:



At least all of the books are off the floor and back on the bookshelf; I do appreciate her diligence in leaving no book lying around the room. And speaking of diligence, she had some encouraging words of advice for me today as we sat side by side coloring in her Dora the Explorer coloring book. "Mama, can you color the whole page all the way like I'm doing? Mama, I know it's tough, but I think you can do it! You just have to work REALLY hard. Do you see me how I'm coloring? I'm working really hard and that's just how you have to do it." Thanks to her inspiring words, I was able to complete the task.

No comments:

Post a Comment