Friday, July 2, 2010

Growing up

Madeleine is 9 months old today, and it appears she is now old enough to go to work:





She also seems to think she's old enough to start drinking coffee:



Julia has demonstrated that she is old enough to dispense some very wise advice. At a doctor visit yesterday, I found out I have to change my diet and eliminate most starches (unfortunately for me, my favorite type of food!) Julia noticed me feeling a little glum about it last night, and asked me what was wrong. I told her I was just feeling a little sad, and she said very gently and sweetly, "Why, Mama? Because ya can't have bread?" I told her yes, and she reached out to put her hand on my cheek and reassured me, "It's okay, Mama. You're okay. Your girls are still here!"

Very well-put. Leave it to Julia to help me get my priorities in line. True, a lot of what comes out of her mouth is about as out there as it can get, but when it really counts, she seems to know just what to say.

1 comment:

  1. Well of course...she has to keep up with all the big people around her, especially whatever big sister does. The coffee, that must be from Daddy! Love those girls sooooooo much!

    ReplyDelete