Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Dark Crystal and other movies

Despite the fact that she's scared of the Skekses, Julia has been referencing The Dark Crystal these past few days, as evidenced by the conversation below:

JULIA: Mmmmmmmm!
ME: Are you a Skekse?
JULIA: Mmm-hmm. But Mama, are there any nice Skekses?
ME: I don't think so.
JULIA: But Mama, I mean, are any Skekses nice?
ME: No, I think all the Skekses are mean.
JULIA: Oh. But Mama, I know a movie where there are nice Skekses, but it's a DIFFERENT movie.
ME: Oh, you do?
JULIA: Yeah. Mama, it's a different movie. It's actually called The LIGHT Crystal. And Mama, there are no Gelflings in it, because everybody is nice, but it's all people. There are no other kinds of creatures in it. And Mama, I just got this thing stuck in my head. Do you know what it is that got stuck in my head? Does The Sword and the Stone have anybody mean in it?
ME: Yeah, I think there's one mean lady in it, but I can't remember her name.
JULIA: Um, I think her name is ALLERINA!
ME: Allerina? That's a pretty name.
JULIA: Yeah, I made it up. Because I discovered you would think that's a GREAT name.

No comments:

Post a Comment