Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Chair gymnastics

Madeleine decided to get out from under the table by squeezing herself between the chair seat and rungs:











Ta-da!

Meanwhile, Julia had been doing "gallop time," and twice she was on track to gallop right in front of the camera as I was snapping pictures, but she came to a halting stop and waited until I'd taken the picture to gallop on by. I was amazed at her awareness of other things besides herself, which led to this conversation:

ME: Julia! You are so aware! You were galloping by and you saw I was taking a picture and you stopped and waited until I was done. Most kids wouldn't even notice that. You paid attention! I'm proud of you.
JULIA: (beaming and lifting up her shirt bashfully.) Yeah, because I'm a good big sister!

That must have whet her appetite for more praise, because the conversation continued as such:

JULIA: Mama? Do you think that I haven't thrown a fit today?
ME: No, you haven't thrown any fits.
JULIA: Then I think that there should be NO consequences today!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my, what a beautiful bride. Were'd the groom get that tux from and love his rough look! I see, he has a baby to add to the mix. The bride's maid must have been jealous that it wasn't her wedding day as well! Hahahaha. So adorable! Love, Yiayia

    ReplyDelete
  2. At a girl Madeleine! Auntie Shannon must be just as proud as you are about tackling that chair trick. Love, Yiayia

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, Shannon just did cartwheels into chairs. Haha

    ReplyDelete