Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Sleeping and eating

Given that I need to be laying on my side with a quilt and a Moshi pillow underneath my arm, with my head on two pillows (not just any two pillows - two specific pillows that I even travel with because I can't sleep on any others) with two comforters over me in order to sleep, I'm not surprised that both my girls are very particular about their sleep environment. Since she was a newborn, Madeleine has needed to press her cheek against something soft in order to fall asleep, to the point where she would turn her head all the way to the side in order to have her cheek laying against her crib mattress at night. This method of comforting herself has become more extreme lately; she seems to need something soft against her whole face for maximum soporific effect. I've started giving her a cow taggie to hold to her cheek while she falls asleep, and it's a pretty regular occurrence to find her in her crib like this when I go to check on her:





Or, sometimes she's wearing it on her head like a hat:





And on a different subject, I tried feeding Madeleine peaches for the first time today. They were a big hit:




I think we'll hold off on those for awhile and maybe try bananas or some sort of blander fruit instead...

No comments:

Post a Comment