Sunday, March 7, 2010

O Brother, Where Art Thou?

Julia got a glimpse of one of my favorite movies yesterday afternoon when Ethan was browsing through channels and came across "O Brother Where Art Thou?" He had it on in the background while stretching after a run, and before we knew it, Julia was practically glued to the tv, filled with a million questions and observations about what was going on. Until, that is, she got scared of the scene where the siren-like women are washing clothes in the river and singing "Go to Sleep My Little Baby." She was, in fact, so terrified of this part that she needed to leave the room. I think it's probably my fault she got scared - she asked me what they were doing, and in an attempt to explain things as simply and cleanly as possible, I said, "They're putting a spell on the boys so the boys will fall asleep." I guess that must have been a little too reminiscent of Maleficent and Sleeping Beauty for her and freaked her out. She spent the rest of the afternoon randomly asking me questions like: "Mom, why did those girls need to wash their clothes in the river?" "Mom, where did those girls live?" "Mom, were those girls mean?" I fear a new obsession may have been born.

Lest you think we spent all of this absolutely gorgeous day in front of the tv, I did take the girls out to the playground this afternoon and Madeleine had a great time in the bucket swing. Since she starting sitting unsupported unusually early, I think she's a little smaller than the usual size of baby that sits in these things:



As you can see her head barely peeps up above the top of the bucket.

I think she was pooped after being out and about this afternoon, because she fell asleep a good hour earlier than usual last night:

1 comment:

  1. Is there anything quite as satisfying as having a soft, fuzzy cow on your face when you sleep?

    ReplyDelete