Saturday, April 4, 2020

Madeleine's Book and My Bedroom

Madeleine and Julia are discussing the book series Madeleine is writing.  Madeleine has already typed up fifty pages of "Founder of the Timeline Barrier."

JULIA: How did you even get the idea of "Founder of the Timeline Barrier?"
MADELEINE: Homework.
JULIA: But, I mean...
MADELEINE: Homework, and being inspired by OTHER things.  Like "Keeper of the Lost Cities."
JULIA: Yeah, it's definitely inspired by "Keeper of the Lost Cities." It's like the same kind of title. "Founder OF THE Timeline Barrier," "Keeper OF THE Lost Cities..."
MADELEINE: Yeah, that's why I decided to change the name of the series to just the "Timeline Barrier" series.  Then each book will be "something" of the Timeline Barrier.  So, it's like "Founder of the Timeline Barrier," "Destruction of the Timeline Barrier," "Resurrection of the Timeline Barrier," "Power of the Timeline Barrier..."

I guess my kids don't need online school, if Madeleine is coming up with all of this to do in her own free time. 


In my own free time, I have been painting my bedroom walls. Yesterday  I managed to plop my bottom down directly on the painty side of the open lid from the paint can.  The kids sure got a kick out of that.

ME: Julia!  I need to you to come into the bedroom with a wet paper towel!
JULIA: Uh, okay...

Minutes pass

ME: Julia, it's kind of urgent!  I sat in PAINT!
MADELEINE: I'll help!
JULIA: No, I'm coming!

Next thing I knew, both kids were in the bedroom with wet paper towels.

ME: Okay, so just wipe my butt and see how much paint you can get off.

Yup.  That's where I've descended to these days.

Madeleine was admiring my paint work last night.

ME: I have to do some touch up on the trim and the ceiling, though.  See how I got some blue paint on them?
MADELEINE: Well, Mommy, just imagine your ceiling is like...a FLUFFY cloud.  And the blue is just the IMPERFECT parts of the cloud where a little blue sky pokes through.

Again, this kid doesn't need any online learning. Her imagination is working just fine without any schoolwork to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment