Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Madeleine the Macabre

I truly think that Madeleine may be the most macabre child on the face of the earth.

Last night, Julia put on "Full House" to watch with Auntie Shannon before bedtime, while Madeleine sat in the room playing a game on her tablet. 

JULIA: (cracking up over Joey and Uncle Jesse trying and failing to put a diaper on Michelle)
AUNTIE SHANNON: Julia, just WAIT 'til you see what they do to her.
MADELEINE: (looking up dazedly from her tablet) Kill her?


Yes, Madeleine.  That's exactly the kind of family-friendly thing that would happen on a show that your baby-sitting auntie lets you watch.  Oops!  Those befuddled dopes of uncles accidentally strangled their niece with her diaper!

Now, I'm no fan of "Full House" myself, and I remember having a particular distaste for the character of Michelle back in my youthful days of watching the show, but even I think that having the uncles kill her would be going a bit too far.  Apparently, Madeleine disagrees enough to find it a plausible plot line.

Hmmm.  Maybe that's why the Olsen twins are not planning to partake in the soon-to-be "Fuller House" series.

No comments:

Post a Comment