Saturday, January 23, 2016

Headbanz

The girls are playing Headbanz, the game in which each player has a card inserted into a headband on her head, and the players must ask questions about their cards in order to correctly guess what item is pictured. 

The game is going without a hitch so far.


MADELEINE'S CARD: A DOLL
MADELEINE: Am I a person?
JULIA: No.  Well...in a WAY.  You *look* like a person, but you're not alive.
MADELEINE: Am I...uh...clay??


JULIA'S CARD: A HELICOPTER
JULIA: Am I an object?
MADELEINE: Uh...I don't really know what that means.
JULIA: Madeleine, an object is, like, a THING.
MADELEINE: Yes.
JULIA: Am I a household object?
MADELEINE: Uh...I don't really know what that means.


MADELEINE'S CARD: A BUNNY
MADELEINE: Am I alive?
JULIA: Yes.
MADELEINE: Am I an animal?
JULIA: Yes.
MADELEINE: Am I...a cow?
JULIA: No.
MADELEINE: Do I have spots?
JULIA: No.  Well, you CAN.
MADELEINE: Am I...a horse?
JULIA: No.
MADELEINE: Am I...an umbrella?
ME: (intervening, even though I shouldn't) Honey, you already know you're an animal.
MADELEINE: Oh, yeah!  Uh...do I eat fish?
JULIA: No.
ME: (intervening yet again) You eat lettuce.
MADELEINE: Oh!  Am I a donkey??


JULIA'S CARD: A SPIDER
JULIA: Am I an animal?
MADELEINE: Uh...um...I don't...I think...uh, you're kind of, like...uh, I don't know. 


MADELEINE'S CARD: A ZEBRA
MADELEINE: Am I alive?
JULIA: Yes.
MADELEINE: Am I in nature?
JULIA: Yes.
MADELEINE: Uh...am I alive?
JULIA: Yes!  Madeleine, you already ASKED that!
MADELEINE: Oh.  Uh...am I in nature?
JULIA: You already ASKED that!!
MADELEINE: Oh!  Uh...am I a leaf??
JULIA: No.
MADELEINE: Am I something that we would KICK outside??


I am beginning to think we need to play this game with an adult facilitator on each side.  Otherwise, it's going to take an eternity for each girl to get through all their cards. 



No comments:

Post a Comment