Monday, March 30, 2015

Overheard...

This is what I just oversaw and overheard between the girls as Julia went to the kitchen to fetch some dessert:

MADELEINE: (standing at the doorway between the kitchen and dining room, arms blocking the passage, legs straddled) Cross under the troll bridge, Julia!  That means go between my legs.
JULIA: (army crawling underneath Madeleine's legs) You want me to crawl with my handful of jellybeans?
MADELEINE: (observing her sister) Cute butt, Julia.
JULIA: Well, that's nice.
MADELEINE: Wait, why is that not nice?
ME: She said "that's nice," Madeleine, not "that's not nice."
MADELEINE: I *know*, but she's being SARCASTIC!
ME: No, I don't think she is.
JULIA: (piping up loudly) Actually, I *was* kind of being sarcastic!  Because...it's not really a compliment you TELL another person, Madeleine.  You don't compliment someone on their BUTT.


(At least not yet, right??)

A few moments later, Madeleine began gyrating around while holding one hand on the table, causing the table to shake while Julia was trying to write down answers to her homework.

MADELEINE: (chanting to herself) Jiggle jiggle jiiiiggle, jiggle jiggle jiiiiiggle...
ME: Madeleine, honey, you're shaking the table while Julia's trying to do her homework.
MADELEINE: I was just tryin' to make it look like there's no BONES in my bum.  This is how you have to do it.  With your BUTT. 


Wait.  Is my 5-year-old attempting to TWERK?!?
Oh Good Lord. 
As if checking out her sister's butt wasn't bad enough.


2 comments:

  1. I agree that Madeleine does seem to be a buttaholic! She has more bottom thoughts than most! Please tell me she won't be singing Baby Got Back in the near future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess we better not tell Julia about 'Couty's got the booty' yet!

    ReplyDelete