Sunday, March 22, 2015

Dessert for Madeleine

Madeleine took her sweet old time finishing her dinner this evening, and when she was finally approved for dessert, you'd have thought she would immediately start chowing down on her Cadbury Mini-Eggs.

Instead, she sat on the futon in the playroom, with a fistful of Mini-Eggs in each hand. 

ME: Mmm.  Those look yummy.  Are they good?
MADELEINE: Mmm-hmm.  But...I'm not EATING them yet.  Because...I'm still eating my broccoli.
ME: (confused) You are?!?
MADELEINE: Yeah.  It's STUCK!

Apparently the broccoli stuck in her teeth was preventing her from delving into the Mini-Eggs.  It seems Madeleine is a food purist.  The taste and touch of broccoli strands would simply ruin the chocolately deliciousness of the Mini-Eggs should they dare to mix in the slightest.

Once the broccoli was acceptably cleared from her teeth and swallowed down, Madeleine gobbled up her Mini-Eggs.  A few moments later, as I was in the bathroom styling my hair, Madeleine came traipsing to use the sink.

MADELEINE: I just need to wash my hands.  Because...my sweat...my sweat turned all COLORED from the eggs!


Who would have ever thought the simple event of eating some Easter candy for dinner would turn into such a complicated ordeal??

No comments:

Post a Comment