Friday, March 27, 2015

Madeleine Statements

Various statements made by Madeleine that prove she is full of it.

On her love of foreign language:
ME: (browsing, online, through the menu of a restaurant) Hey Ethan, they have build-your-own crepes here.
ETHAN: Mmm.
MADELEINE: Crepes?  What are CREPES?
ME: They're a kind of French dessert.
MADELEINE: Oooh!  French!  I *love* French!  I love talking with you in French!

Except that she knows ZERO French.  Or, as she might say, she knows NONE French.


On her love of drawing:
ME: Oh, Madeleine, I like your picture.  Is it Angelina Ballerina?
MADELEINE: (offended) NO!  It's NOT Angelina.
ME: Oh.  Can you tell me about your picture?
MADELEINE: This is a random mouse girl, and that's the sun, and that's the grass, and that's the sky.  Mama, I love drawing.  Especially when I get the idea of drawing from someone drawing.  Or from Polly drawing.  And I feel like drawing.  A picture.  Of a mouse.

Madeleine's picture of a random mouse girl.




On why she doesn't ever want to eat at any restaurant besides Blue:
MADELEINE: Because.  Mama.  There are FEW things that I like.
ME: What kinds of things do you like that you think other restaurants won't have?
MADELEINE: Like...PEPPERS, and...I like chicken.
ME: But all you ever order from Blue is plain pasta.
MADELEINE: (brightly) I know!  But they have ICE CREAM at Blue!

So that's why she can't eat anywhere else.  Not because she wants chicken and peppers, but because Blue is the only restaurant in the whole entire world that offers ice cream as a dessert option on its kids' meal.


Moving on to another topic, Madeleine drew a picture inspired by a song she sings at school.  Take a look at the picture: can you figure out what the song is??:







Just in case you can't figure it out and need a little prompt, here Madeleine not only acts out but then sings the song on video (complete with a very lady-like crotch-scratch right at the beginning of the recording)






2 comments:

  1. Aw, the cow had a stroke and slothed over the moon is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete