Monday, September 15, 2014

Madeleine Starts a New Book

Only Madeleine can draw a picture like this and give it the wholesome, innocent title of "Lollipops and Munchkins":



The above picture is part of Madeleine's newest book, and the illustration is given a run for its money by some of the book's other pictures:


I'm pretty sure the unicorn on the left is Twilight Sparkle.  Why she looks like she recently had a complete nervous breakdown and has subsequently gone cuckoo is beyond me.  I'm also not sure why there's a river of blood all over the floor.  And speaking of cuckoo, what's with the Mad Queen up above?  She totally scares me.  And don't even get me STARTED on the purple-haired head with spidery wagon wheels all over it.  WTH.


The people on the right are going to a concert, or so Madeleine tells me.  That's why the man is dressed in a tuxedo.  I'm not sure I know of any concerts at which black tie AND purple hair are compatible, however.  Once again we have our friendly unicorn companion up in the sky, smiling benevolently down on the concert-goers.  Or perhaps she's smiling at the springy-headed deformed zombie-aliens on the left of the page.  Holy God, they freak me out.  WHAT ARE THEY DOING IN THIS PICTURE?  Are they going to suck the souls out of the black-tie couple?  Are they going to HAUNT MY DREAMS TONIGHT?!?


Shudder.  I can't wait to see how the rest of this book turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment