Saturday, September 13, 2014

Boxing and Piano

Given the fact that we Rowes are in the midst of a home sale and future move, there has been a lot of talk about packing materials lately.  Even Madeleine found herself interested in helping out.

MADELEINE: (early this morning, upon having woken up) Mama?  What does boxing mean that you keep talking about?

I was about to remind her that she plays Wii Boxing, so she ARDERY knows what boxing is.  Then it dawned on me that she was asking about a different kind of boxing.

ME: Oh, you mean like when I say we need to start boxing things up?
MADELEINE: Yes!
ME: It means putting things into boxes so we can move them into the new house.
MADELEINE: Oh!  Mama!  I can help!

Madeleine quickly got busy boxing up some stuffed animals.  Here's a glimpse of her contribution to our packing process:






Way to go, Madeleine!  With that monumental task over and done with, I feel downright light-hearted about the prospect of packing up EVERYTHING ELSE in our overly cluttered house.


Madeleine has been most productive today; in addition to boxing up stuffed animals, she has also composed MULTIPLE songs for the piano, writing out her own sheet music like this:



Madeleine, unlike Julia, has no qualms about getting her original compositions out on YouTube.  She insisted I come video her playing her new song, despite the fact that I was trying to relax over my morning coffee. 

MADELENE: (brightly) Well Mama.  You can bring your coffee WITH you to the piano!  Okay, come on Mama!

A composer has to support her fellow composers, so off I went with my coffee mug to record Madeleine's premiere performance of her new song, "Piano.":




In case you haven't gotten enough of Madeleine the composer, she made sure to use at least 5 pieces of paper for further compositions.  Stop by the Rowe household and I'm sure she'll give you a private concert!

2 comments:

  1. She composed a piece for me to play, too. And was even kind enough to tell me which keys I was supposed to be playing with which fingers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If we can't stop by, can you make sure to take a video and load it up on your computer??

    At least Madeleine has moved on from crying over the moving because she doesn't think she'd be able to carry everything with her on her walk over to the new house!

    ReplyDelete