Monday, July 21, 2014

When the Moon Reches the Stars

Despite the fact that Julia spent all morning at her week-long course, "American Girl: Past and Present," AND spent several hours at the pool during Free Swim this afternoon, she somehow STILL had time to write an entire book of poems.  Behold the latest:


When the Moon Reches the Stars
By Julia Rowe


The first poem shares its name with the book's title :
When the Moon Reches the Stars

"When the moon reches the stars, everyone is filled with happiness, untill it is shining so bright, that it almost look's as though it is daylight!"

Wow, rhyming words, similes, talk of emotions, and everything!  We're off to a great start!


The Octopus

"Ther is an octopus in the sea, and that is why when I don't go in the sea, it fill's my hert with glee!"

I don't know if I agree.  When I don't go in the sea, there are other reasons that I see, why I fill my hert with glee.  An octopus doesn't bother me, but if I see a shark, I'll flee!


Aura Boriloase

"The aura boriolase is shining to brighly I fe'll so happy."

I guess Julia gave up on the rhyme idea in this one.  And also, I wonder what an aura boriloase is.  Do you think it could be related to an aurora borealis??


Gulomphalot

"There is no such thing as a gulomphalot.  Good-biy!"

Whew.  I'm so glad there's no such thing as a gulomphalot, because if the above drawing is representative of what a gulomphalot would look like, SHOULD there ever exist such a thing, I'm pretty sure I would never want to meet one.  Talk about creepy.  It kind of looks like one of Madeleine's drawings.

Also, I like the fact that Julia put a big circle with slash around/through the gulomphalot, *just in case* we didn't get the point that it doesn't exist.


 The Eliphant

"This eliphant can't have a poem, it's to big.  (Sorry!)"

Wait.  How was the moon able to have a poem but the eliphant doesn't get one?  An eliphant is WAY smaller than the moon!!


Tornado

"There is a tornado spining around.  It makes an awful sound!"

I gather that's supposed to be a picture of a tornado, but I can't help thinking it looks like menstrual blood making its way through the uterus and down the vaginal canal.


Apple

"This apple is so crunchy and round.  It makes a crunchy sound when I chew!  Just ask Seu.  My apple is red.  It really looks like a suit because it is a fruit."

Okay, Jules.  I don't think you reeeeally think the apple looks just like a suit.  Methinks you might have been over-reaching for a rhyme there.

Speaking of:

Tree

"This tree is super prett-y!"

Personally, I would have gone with "This tree is fun for you and me!"  But I'm no poet.


The Bug
"The bug is small.  It is far from tall!  It is short, it is all I could ever wish for!"

I guess in Julia's mind, a small bug is way better than a big bug, still, knowing the way BOTH my kids are about bugs, I certainly can't imagine any bug ever being all Julia could ever wish for.


Letter A

"Letter A, like a school girl, always uses notes.  Unlike some people, it plays alone.  It is bound to please you!"

This poem is definitely my favorite.  I love Julia's take on James Joycian, abstract poetry that DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE.


And finally, we bid adieu to our poetic friends:

Biy-Biy

"Biy-biy poems, biy-biy octopus, and biy-biy bug.  Biy-biy to the fun we had together.  =(  But - see you tomorow, in good weather!"

Awwwww!  What a wonderful ending!  Kudos to you for CROSSING-OUT that frowny face, Julia.  Always look on the bright side of life, right?!

And with that, blog-readers, I must also say biy-biy.









1 comment:

  1. Most of those were definitely worth an ENTIRE piece of printer paper!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete