Sunday, July 13, 2014

Madeleine's Artwork and Comments

Just when I think Madeleine may be developing a gentler, less creepy artistic style (for instance, in this lovely painting of an apple she did today),:



I come across artwork like this:

The people are eerie enough as it is, with their huge bulging eyes and crooked smiles, but don't even get me started on the bloody red winged creatures surrounding them.  Just what. the. heck.


Also, this is Madeleine's camp project, of herself as an astronaut:


If that is the face of the person who will lead our next space mission, I'm kind of a little frightened for the future of our planet.


On another Madeleine topic, here are just a few of the conversations we had over the past day.

#1

ME: Madeleine, I just think you're such a great daughter.
MADELEINE: (lovingly) I feel the same...but...a little bit DIFFERENT.  Because.  You're not my DAUGHTER.  You're my MOMMY.

I definitely wouldn't have understood what she meant if she'd just left it at "I feel the same."  I would have assumed that I am, in fact, Madeleine's daughter.

#2


MADELEINE: Daddy?  The BIG pieces of this burger taste too SPICY.
ETHAN: Would you like me to cut them up into smaller pieces?
MADELEINE: Uh, yes.
ETHAN: (cutting up her burger)
MADELEINE: Mama!  Julia!  Daddy is my HERO!  Because...he cut up my BURGER into smaller pieces!

Way to step up in the line of duty, Ethan.  Just think of all those dangers you faced in your heroic struggle to cut a burger.  You could have cut your finger, or...uh...well, that's about the only danger, but I agree with Madeleine.  You are totally her hero.


#3

(While watching "Frozen")
MADELEINE: Mama?  Elsa is...kind of like...Elsa and Jesus are kind of like the SAME.
ME: They are?
MADELEINE: Yeah!  Because they can both walk on water!

Okay, yeah, they do share that ability.  But I'm not sure if I'd call them the same.  I guess I won't believe in the similarity until I hear Jesus sing "Let it Go."

No comments:

Post a Comment