Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Madeleine Draws, Again

Today, Madeleine took her newfound interest in drawing household objects to Julia's bedroom.  Among the items in Julia's room that Madeleine selected to draw were:

Julia's stuffed lamb.  Madeleine did a pretty accurate job with the head, ears, and face.  I'm not so sure about the legs.  In fact, I can't really tell if all of the vertical blobs are legs or if the one furthest to the rear is a big flying-squirrel tail.  But on the whole, a respectable representation of Lamby, wouldn't you say?:





Madeleine also decided to draw:

Now, contrary to what it may look like, this is not a picture of apocalyptic zombies resurrected from the grave, but is instead Julia's collection of dolls.  And I'm not talking the kind of antique creepy dolls that will give one nightmares, but instead Julia's assortment of prim and proper American Girl dolls that she keeps on her wall shelves.  See?  Now that you compare the picture with the real image, you'll see how spot-on Madeleine was:






I mean, do these dolls not have huge hollow lifeless eyes and bared fangs, or what?  The dolls on the lower shelf especially share the same aggressively stalking-for-prey appearance that the girls in Madeleine's drawings do.

And on a completely different note, Madeleine has now matched her sister in the department of accidentally losing her bathing suit bottoms and mooning the entire pool population.  I think we may have to stick to one-piece bathing suits from now on!


9 comments:

  1. You should have seen the concentration on her face while drawing the American Girl dolls. It was like nothing I'd ever seen before! I was really expecting a much more accurate picture than what I saw once she finished just given the amount of eyebrow furrowing and air drawing that happening before putting marker to paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which American Girl doll wears headphones? I think I can identify Felicity and maybe Josefina (the cactus side braid girl?), but that's about it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh I think the bottom right one is Samantha...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok. Here's my guess (from left to right): A bitty twin, Felicity, Julia, Josefina, Emily (top), then another bitty twin, Lindsey, Samantha?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But who's head is coming out of the second girl's head?

      Delete
    2. I thought that was Felicity's bonnet. But I realized I didn't account for Molly.

      Delete
    3. OOOOH it probably IS felicity's bonnet! I think it goes (from left to right) Molly, Felicity, Samantha but then I'm lost...

      Delete
    4. But I'm pretty sure that the buck-toothed, cactus side braid is Josephina.

      Delete