Thursday, July 3, 2014

More Drawings

Oh my Lord.  I don't even have the words to express what went through my head when I saw Madeleine's newest set of drawings.  Luckily, I can share Madeleine's own words, as she explained her pictures to me.


ME: Madeleine, what did you draw here?
MADELEINE: A big sister and a little brother.  They just played baseball. 
ME: I like the girl's bow.
MADELEINE: Isn't it pretty?  Her hair is supposed to be yellowish brownish orangish reddish.



ME: And what's this?
MADELEINE: Oh, um.  That's, um...a chickie.  That's a DUCK.
ME: And what is this thing? (pointing to the top most object with the heart drawn on it.)
MADELEINE: That's the little check-list that says "GOOD JOB!"
ME: Good job to the duck?
MADELEINE: Uh, good job to the person who makes it BE a duck.



ME: Okay.  What's this?
MADELEINE: Um...word search, and that says "Shake to Paint!"
ME: So the word search is down below, and it says "Shake to Paint" up top?
MADELEINE: Yes.
ME: And whose hands are holding the "Shake to Paint" sign?
MADELEINE: Nobody's!
ME: Oh.


ME: Okay, and who are these people?
MADELEINE: (pointing to the girl on the right) Um, that's a girl that just WON baseball, (pointing to the girl on the left) and that's a girl that you have to try to fill in, too.


Well, I don't know about you, but her explanations just about cleared everything up for me.

2 comments:

  1. There was a really different story explained to me as she was drawing all that...except for the Duck. That stayed the same.

    Also important to keep in mind that I made the book for her to be the long-lost "stick book" that she swore came with the Highlights states stickers...so she really got the point seeing as most of the stickers ended up on the American Girl Doll picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems really appropriate to me that the really special girls at the end have Alabama, Alaska, and South Carolina stickers on them.

    ReplyDelete