Thursday, August 23, 2012

Hello, There!

Julia has created a new alter-ego: a cap and glasses-wearing, Southern-accented country bumpkin so wacky it puts Weird Girl to shame.  I have no idea what inspired Julia to concoct this new character, but a few evenings ago as we played "Doctor," she felt the sudden urge to pull a Clark Kent-like transformation from Doctor Julia into this:






Ethan, you're busted.  Especially for this information Julia shared with me after the video: "Daddy told me that apple crack is a kind of chemical that makes you feel WEIRD."

As you may have seen in the video, the girls' Halloween costumes have arrived.  Last night, as soon as the UPS box was opened and the costumes revealed, the girls insisted on trying them on.  Before I knew it, our household was enchanted by two little witches:

ME: Madeleine, say "Hocus Pocus!"
MADELEINE: (joyously) POCUS POCUS!!

While I insisted that the dresses come off for dinner, so as not to ruin them (hence Julia's appearance in the background), Madeleine insisted on keeping on her witch hat:


And, of course, the hat was back on as soon as she got up this morning:


At least she had the sense to take her hat off when she had to go to the bathroom.  As she put it: "Mommy, I need to leave my hat in the DIMING ROOM, because...I don't want it to get POOPED."

Wise choice, Little Witch.



3 comments:

  1. Oooh la la - very "Geek Chic" Julia!!

    Love the Halloween costumes! I'll be surprised if both girls don't try to wear those to their first days of school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I have no words for that video. Did Julia do some Apple Crack before filming??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My, my, what cute little witches you have! They look adorable. Tell Julia Yiayia wants her to quit the Apple Crack! XOXO, Love, Yiayia

      Delete