Friday, January 27, 2012

Valentines

Julia has been very busy over the past few days making Valentines for everyone in the Rowe household. She first set to work cutting out hearts and decorating them, all of which are hidden in her room. Next she drew a super-secret picture for me, which she also squirreled away in her room, and then set to drawing pictures for both her sister and father. The goal of her Valentine pictures was to draw something each person in the house deeply loves. For Madeleine's picture, Julia decided to draw her sister's beloved Cowie:



Not a bad likeness, I must say:




As she set out to draw Ethan's Valentine picture, Julia took a minute to think about what her daddy really loves, then busily got to work. Below, you will see Julia's interpretation of her father's deepest passion and love:



I believe the brown circles are the bagels, and the large green thing is supposed to be our French press -- which is actually silver, but she doesn't have a marker in that color. I truly thought my heart was going to explode over how sweet and adorable this is.

I absolutely cannot wait to see what she drew for me, though I have to wait until Valentine's Day to get it. I will keep you posted!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, that is so sweet. How excited she gets to do something special for the people she loves. She really seems to enjoy the "surprise" part of gift giving! Love you Julia the artist...Yiayia

    ReplyDelete