Saturday, January 7, 2012

Adventures

On our way home from the Y, Madeleine had a sudden urge to hear the recurring adventure song from "The Cat in the Hat Knows a lot About That:"

MADELEINE: Can you sing "Go-go-go?"
ME: Who?
MADELEINE: Can you sing "Go-go-go?"
ME: Who are you asking?
JULIA: Me. She wants me to sing it.
ME: Oh, okay. Can you sing it for her, Julia?
JULIA: (singing) Here we go, go, go, go! on an ackventure, the thing-a-ma-jigger is up and awaaaaay!
MADELEINE: (singing) Here we go, go, go, go! on a dabenture! (speaking) Can you sing it, Juwia?

Julia had a big dabenture of her own once we got home, playing with her princess and fairy figurines and her roll-out kingdom map. From the little snippets I heard of her fantasy game, I was able to get a pretty good sense of what an exciting ackventure it was:

"Wait a minute, guys, we're in the ARCTIC, not in Bittle-Bittle Fairy Land!"

"Why are you guys helping us?" "Because, if we are helping you, we have to HIDE you!"

"I know, Flounder, isn't Bittle-Bittle Fairy Land beautiful? But we have to go home now. Bye-bye, Bittle-Bittle Fairies!"

Man. I wish *I* could visit Bittle-Bittle Fairy Land. I can't say I'd be so keen on going to the Arctic, but at least the princesses seemed to like it just fine.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, glad to see that my gift was such a hit. Thanks for telling me. I am equally glad to hear that both Julia and Madeline are sharing the fairy book kit as well as the princess book kit. XOXO, Love, Yiayia

    ReplyDelete