Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Morning conversation

Well, you can tell that Madeleine is turning a new leaf to celebrate the New Year...

MADELEINE: (angrily and unwillingly sitting on the potty) I want to get doooooown!
ME: Can you do pee-pees?
MADELEINE: (reaching her foot towards me and brushing it against me) I just KICKED you.
ME: No no kick, Madeleine!
MADELEINE: (smiling impishly, brushing her foot against me again)
ME: NO! Madeleine, do we kick?
MADELEINE: Yes.
ME: No! We do not kick! What do we do instead?
MADELEINE: (blowing her nose all over her bare arm) I just SNEEZED!
ME: We don't kick. What do we do instead?
MADELEINE: (repeatedly blowing her nose all over her arm and giggling) I just sneezing! Mommy, I SNEEZED!
ME: Madeleine. We don't kick. What do we do instead? We do...?
MADELEINE: SNEEZE.
ME: No. We do NICE.
MADELEINE: I just sneezing.

Clearly, she really gets it.

1 comment:

  1. Kicking and sneezing the New Year in! I get it Madeleine! Oh boy. Love, Yiayia

    ReplyDelete