Saturday, January 28, 2012

Conversations

The girls share various obversations and updates with me throughout the day today:

JULIA: (turning on the hallway light) Mama, did you know I turned on the light?
ME: Oh, you did? Okay.
JULIA: Yeah. Mama, did you know it was me who did it?
ME: Uh, no. I didn't realize you turned it on.

Five minutes later...

JULIA: Well, Mama, did you know what I did after I turned on the light?
ME: What did you do?
JULIA: I smiled CUTELY. That's what I did.


MADELEINE: (on the potty, feeling the need to describe every single action as it occurs) Mommy, I hear my pee-pees!
ME: I do too!
MADELEINE: (explosive sound) Toots. (plopping sound) Poopies. (more explosions) Toots.
ME: Good girl, doing your poopies in the potty.
MADELEINE: (philosophically) Mommy, you don't want to EAT my poopies.
ME: No, I certainly do not.


While Madeleine and Julia are frolicking around the Town Hall green, Julia decides to practically suffocate Madeleine with a hug:

JULIA: (bouncing her body up and down with her arms wrapped around her sister) You're my little sweetie! Did you know that? You're my SWEET SWEET little Madeleine!
MADELEINE: (giggling, looking slightly uncomfortable)
JULIA: Mommy, did you see what Madeleine was doing when I was HUGGING her? She was smiling DELIGHTFULLY!


While I'm doing my routine daily stretches:

JULIA: Mama, do you see me? I'm doing every stretch you do!
ME: Good job, honey!
JULIA: Okay, Mama, now I'll do a stretch, and you try and do it too. (Raising one arm in the air, kicking her leg up, and touching the ground with her other hand, then subsequently face-planting in the middle of the living room floor.)
ME: You want me to fall on my face? I don't think I can do that!
JULIA: (standing up, brushing her hair out of her eyes, looking embarrassed) Uh, hang on, wait, Mama. Let me do that again.

Second time was *slightly* more graceful, in that she kept from wiping out again, that is...

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, such talk! Julia is the family modifier! Love, Yiayia

    ReplyDelete