Friday, May 27, 2011

Sowwy, Mom.

Madeleine's new phrase: "Sowwy, Mom." Usually used after being caught making some sort of mischief. As in:

ME: Madeleine, no no drink from Julia's cup!
MADELEINE: Sowwy Mom.
ME: It's okay, honey, but you need to drink from your own cup.
MADELEINE: Sowwy Mom, a Juchie milkie.

Or, in another example:

JULIA: MOOOOOOMMMYYYYYY!
ME: (from upstairs) Hang on, Jules! I'll be down in a second!
JULIA: BUT MOOOOOOOOMMMMYYYY!!! MADELEINE'S (something incomprehensible here)
ME: Hold on, Julia!
JULIA: BUT MADELEINE'S TOUCHING MY GOGGLES!!!
ME: Okay, I'm coming!
JULIA: (sullenly, as I came down the stairs) It's okay. She gave them back.
MADELEINE: Sowwy Mom. Sowwy Mom, a Juchie's goo-goo ga-ga.

The fact that Madeleine calls goggles "Goo goo ga ga" is subject for another day.

On a new topic, Julia had a grand time entertaining herself while I cooked dinner. She told me all about the four girls she knows who know another girl who has a house with sparkly lights and who sings this song:




After that was done, the girls discovered some of Ethan's old cell phones in one of our cupboard drawers, which led to all kinds of fun pretend conversations:

1 comment:

  1. Aw, Courtney, I am so proud of you. I wish more parents would instill at an early age how to express remorse and resolve conflicts in a dignified way! Too bad, little Made may not be so remorseful yet, but she is learning. Kudos to you my dear daughter! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete