Sunday, May 29, 2011

Julia's feats on the potty and on paper

Julia has made big progress towards making her potty experience less eccentric lately; we had agreed on a change to her poop habits once she turned 4.5. No more taking off all her clothes to use the potty, and she should try to do the wiping herself. I'm happy to report that she has followed both new rules and has had great success. However, she still feels the need to shout things to me from the pot, necessitating that I be within both earshot to both hear and respond. Here is today's urgent message from the pot, which required me to interrupt the lovely foot massage I was getting from Ethan on the couch in the living room:

"MOM! MOMMY! MOM! Um, guess what? Daddy and I are twins because I only know the part of 'Mr. Golden Sun' that goes Oh Mister Sun, Sun, Mister Golden Sun, please shine down on me! and Daddy only knows, um, um, um, um, a little bit of the words to 'It's Alright to Cry.'"

Fascinating. Absolutely necessary information that couldn't wait until she was off the pot.

Changing the subject, Julia recently drew a picture based on her favorite part from "The Bear Detectives: The Case of the Missing Pumpkin" book:



You may remember Julia's obsession with "The Spooky Stranger who can it be?" from one of this blog's earliest videos. She has recently rediscovered this spooky stranger, and decided to draw her own picture of him. I present to you The Spooky Stranger, or, according to Julia, The Stooy Wocan:



In case you are wondering who it can be, the answer is: (spoiler alert!)



A scarecrow. Mystery solved!

1 comment: