Saturday, May 21, 2011

Julia's new flip-flops

Julia has been asking for a pair of flip-flops for some months now, so when she spotted these in CVS, she immediately fell in love with them:



And for $4.99, I had no problem buying them for her. She has since practically glued them to her feet, appearing in my room at 7:15 this morning in nightgown and flip-flops. She was even thinking about them in the middle of the night; during a nocturnal meeting in the bathroom, she informed me, "Mom, did you know that I'm just SO excited about my new flip-flops that I had to bring them into my room because I just wanted to look at them?"

Never one to overlook a pretend-game opportunity, no matter how random the object of said game may be, Julia was ready to animate her flip-flops this morning when she handed one to me, saying, "Doctor, doctor, can you take a look at these flip-flops, because they need a checkup?" (Dr. Courtney is glad to report that Snow White was fine, Sleeping Beauty just needed to rest, and both Tiana and Cinderella were given medication which fixed their ailments.)

Madeleine is similarly enchanted by Julia's new footwear, jumping at every opportunity to snatch them and try them on her own feet. "Juchie fip-foooop!" she laments every time the flip-flop owner snatches them back. Seeing as Madeleine is in a big stuffing-foot-in-mouth phase (literally chewing on whatever shoes are on her feet), I think it's probably not a wise idea to let her play with Juchie's fip-fops until her appetite for shoes has waned.

No comments:

Post a Comment