Monday, May 16, 2011

Julia's tent

Julia made the dining room table into a tent today by covering it with a blanket. (And then, when it wasn't dark enough underneath for her standards, four additional blankets.) She gathered together piles of food and dishes from her play kitchen, put on one of her Disney princess dress-up gowns, and camped out underneath the table:



Best of all was that I was invited under the table to join in the fun, and Julia shared some of her goodies with me:


Nothing says campfire cook-out like an orange and an apple. Not to mention the lemon, pear, donut and cookies in the background.

After we ate our hearty meal, Julia announced that it was Halloween, and that she was going to the pumpkin patch to pick out our pumpkin. She brought it back to the tent to carve it:



She then took one of the play-kitchen bowls and filled it with the cookies and donuts to leave out for trick-or-treaters. Something made her think twice, however, and she decided to take the donuts back under the tent so we could eat them. Good thing. I was pretty hungry after my dinner of an orange and apple.

The fun had to end once I was getting sore enough from sitting hunched over (so as to avoid bonking my head on the table top,) but not to worry; I can almost guarantee that we'll be constructing the tent all over again first thing tomorrow. I can only guess what adventures we'll have then!

No comments:

Post a Comment