Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Play kitchen hide and seek

Yesterday, as I attempted to run through my chorus music after dinner, Julia helpfully banged away on the piano and loudly sang other songs, while Madeleine played happily with the plastic food in the play kitchen beside the piano. (How unusual for Julia to be the one pounding loudly and Madeleine the one playing quietly and independently...) At one point I realized I no longer heard the sounds of Madeleine scuffling around by my feet, so I turned to see what she was up to. In utter disbelief and slight panic, I realized she was nowhere to be found, as if she had vanished into thin air. A moment later I spotted her:



Perhaps she was missing the good old days of being a bun in my oven. More likely, she thought it was funny to hide on me, because boy did she look delighted when I opened the oven door:



You may notice she is once again in the pink ballerina dress; she has become very attached to this particular article of dress-up clothing. And in addition to the various winter hats, her newest fashion accessory is the medal I got from the Hartford Marathon back in 2003. Totally vintage!

1 comment: