Friday, February 4, 2011

Etcetera etcetera

It's as if today is Groundhog Day - the Bill Murray version, that is. Julia said wacky things, and Madeleine wore hats. More of the same:

JULIA: (calling from the bathroom) I'm dooooone!
ME: Okay, start wiping please.
JULIA: Uh, but Mama, I want you to come in and see what my poop looks like.
ME: Oh, boy. Okay.
JULIA: (pointing proudly into the toilet as I entered the bathroom) Mama, see? It looks like a DINOSAUR claw!


ME: (upon leaving the gym) Julia, guess what? I ran seven miles on the treadmill - can you believe it?
JULIA: Uh, well, Mommy, I know four girls, and they ran on the treadmill TWENTY times!

Those four girls. They're always trying to one-up me.

And now, the hats:




In fact, she is so insistent on wearing hats all over the place that when we went to Julia's school yesterday to do a music session, she began squealing indignantly when one of the teachers tried to take her hat off, and then repeated the same protest when we arrived at my piano client's house later that afternoon. Given the weather we've had lately, I guess I'd rather she be interested in wearing hats than in pulling them off.

She also spent some time clacking her toddly way around the house last night as a tap-dancing princess:




I wonder if she is so interested in wearing thing on her head because of the fact that she generates all her affection from her head. She loves giving people "head hugs," in that her version of a hug is to tilt her head to the side until it makes contact with another person's body part. I think, in her mind, all that needs happen in order to hug someone is to tilt her head, regardless of proximity. Today after giving a head hug to Julia at the breakfast table, she then toddled over to the bathroom door, saw me inside, and did her head tilt, despite the fact that there were a good 2-3 feet between us. Maybe it's the hugging version of blowing kisses.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, I like that vision. Headhugging is hugging's version of blowing kisses! Love my g1rls! Love, Yiayia

    ReplyDelete