Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Madeleine's new style

Madeleine has graduated from her phase of wearing hats around the house all day; here is her new in-house fashion statement:






She has been absorbing more and more of what she hears in the world around her. Yesterday she walked around the kitchen, exclaiming to herself, "No no touch! No no touch!" And last night when she was trying to get her hands on Julia's chocolate lollipop dessert, I calmed Julia down by saying, "I'll just get her a cookie so she won't be grabbing at your lollipop." Next thing I knew, Madeleine was beelining towards the kitchen, where she planted herself underneath the cupboard where I hid the Girl Scout cookies, screeching with her arm extended upwards, crying "Cookie!" I had no idea she even knew what a cookie was, let alone where I kept them, seeing as I've let her have maybe two Girl Scout cookies this entire winter. But her knowledge of the secret cookie stash is balanced out by the fact that she DOES appear to actually be listening when I say "No no touch" - at least enough so that the phrase has stuck in her head. Next goal: actually responding to the command. Small steps...

No comments:

Post a Comment