Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving

The Rowe household had a nice Thanksgiving yesterday, and everyone is really excited to kick off a four-day weekend. Ethan made the turkey, stuffing, roast potatoes and vegetables, while I baked pumpkin bread and pumpkin pie and cooked the applesauce. Julia enjoyed eating apple peels while I prepared the sauce, whereas Madeleine didn't really know what to make of the bites of apple Ethan offered her:



As for the dinner itself, Madeleine gobbled up her turkey and stuffing, while Julia happily ate her applesauce, red peppers, and bread, but said she didn't like the turkey, and the stuffing tasted like someone had cooked a dog in it. To each his own, I suppose. Luckily, the pumpkin pie was a hit all around the table; Julia even had two pieces.

This morning, it seems that despite our big feast last night, Madeleine was still hungry enough, she'd eat a sock:



Happy belated Thanksgiving, everyone! I am certainly thankful for these two sweet little goofballs I've got, and for all the smiles and joy they bring me!

No comments:

Post a Comment