Monday, August 19, 2019

Self-Portraits

The girls drew self-portraits with their aunties this past weekend.  Apparently the paper used for the drawings was the backside of yet another book Madeleine started at some point in time.  This book cover states:

Madeleine Rowe's BAKEBOOK
Delicous, Delicous!


I wonder what delicous is.  Is it like deli meat and couscous combined?  I bet delicous tastes delicious.


AAAANYWAAAY...

Here is Julia's self-portrait:



I don't know why her arms are limply flopping off her shoulders like that.  Did she dislocate her shoulders in this picture from too much swimming?


Here is Madeleine's self-portrait:



If she's trying to draw a picture of an alien space creature or something then this is spot on.  Like, this could be a Muppet, or a cartoon character, or maybe even a Dr. Seuss creature.  But I'm not sure this portrait really evokes "Madeleine," do you?  Unless you think of Madeleine as having blue hair that stands straight out on either side of her head, a face that consists of nothing but bulging, bulbous eyes, two inflated footballs with spidery spindles for arms and hands, and feet so close together she'd only be able to waddle at best.  I mean, I guess if you think of Madeleine as having body parts like I just described, then, sure, it's a solid impression.

I will tell you: I bet the Madeleine pictured above is darn good at making delicous.

No comments:

Post a Comment