Sunday, August 4, 2019

Harry Potter Crafts

Madeleine is planning a Harry Potter themed birthday party for herself, and as is typical, she has fully launched into all kinds of homemade goody bag gifts.  She proudly presented what she has made so far to me this morning, and I got to view wands, Tom Riddle's Diary, a book of monsters, and the Marauder's Map.  After her presentation, she brainstormed about what more she can add to her creations.

MADELEINE: Mommy.  Can you think of anything ELSE that has to do with the Marauder's Map?
ME: No.  But it's been a long time since I read the books.
MADELEINE: Yeah.  I should know more, because I only read about the map three CHAPTERS ago.  You read the books, like, two CENTURIES ago.
ME: I'm two hundred years old?
MADELEINE: Two hundred?
ME: A century is one hundred years.
MADELEINE: Oh.  Then two...two...
ME: Decades?  A decade is ten years.
MADELEINE: Oh.  I thought a century was ten years.  Okay. The last time you read Harry Potter was over a DECADE ago. (to herself) I gotta fix something I wrote in a book.

(A moment later, glancing at the time on the microwave clock)

MADELEINE: I love ten fifty-eight.  It's a nice SHAPE.


Okay then.  Just another of the ten million thoughts that fly through Madeleine's head at any given time.

No comments:

Post a Comment