Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Packing, Packing

We Rowes are leaving on an eight-day vacation this afternoon, so most of our preferred clothing and underwear are packed.  This proved to be a struggle for Madeleine as she searched through her overly stuffed drawers for something to wear this morning.

MADELEINE: (making a loud sound of frustration from her room)
ME: Honey, what's wrong?
MADELEINE: I don't have anything to WEAR!

I went into her bedroom to see piles and piles of clothing from her drawer strewn around the room.  Clearly, she really had NOTHING to wear.

ME: Is there something specific you're looking for?
MADELEINE: Yes.
ME: What?
MADELEINE: Well, Mommy...have you seen my tank top that's...well, if it was a FONDANT, it would be, like, MARBLE?

That is one way to describe a shirt.  Funnily enough, I knew exactly what shirt she meant.  I had packed it, so she was not too happy with me.  Fortunately, she was able to wade through the massive piles of clothing on the ground and find something to her satisfaction.  It's obviously not quite as great as her marble fondant tank top, but it is a nice striped tank top, so I suppose Madeleine could describe it as: "my tank top that's...well, if it was a candy, it would be a CANDY CANE."

No comments:

Post a Comment