Thursday, August 8, 2019

Morning Miming

Sometimes kids can be great about cutting to the chase and letting you know when they need something.  Other times, it's anyone's guess.  

Like, literally.

Like when I still have a half hour before my morning alarm is set to go off, but Madeleine bursts into my bedroom in need of help.  However, instead of just telling me what it was she needed, she decided it was an optimal time to pantomime her request so that I, in my sleep-addled, blind no-contact lensed state could try and deduce what it was she needed.  Every time I asked her to just speak her request aloud, her pantomime got more elaborate; dagnabit, she was BOUND AND DETERMINED to get through to me by charades alone.  

I finally recognized her pantomime of getting a cutting board and a knife.

ME: You need me to slice you a bagel?
MADELEINE: (still mute) Nodding in triumph.

By the time that whole rigamarole was over with, I was fully awake and just turned my alarm off and got up for the day.  

6am is a great time for kids to get creative.

No comments:

Post a Comment