Sunday, June 9, 2019

String Concert

This afternoon, the girls and I went to a String Festival performance in which one of Julia's best friends was playing a violin concerto movement.  It was quite a breathtaking performance, and apparently it really inspired Madeleine.  As we exited the building, Madeleine announced: "I got INSPIRED to make my OWN original instrument!"

During dinner this evening, I had to remind Madeleine to keep eating, because she was distracted by poking holes in toilet paper tubes

ME: What the heck are you doing with those?
MADELEINE: Making an instrument!
ME: Oh, the one you want to make because you got inspired by the violin?
MADELEINE: (nodding proudly)
ETHAN: I bet that toilet paper contraption is gonna be comparable to a violin.

What do you think of this super cool instrument?  It has a rubber band to pluck AND finger holes to use while you blow through it!




Future inventor of paper product instruments, for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment