Monday, June 3, 2019

Awesome Room

Madeleine recently decided that she wants to have a really "awesome" room.  Part of achieving this awesomeness entails making her bed in an extremely detailed and organized fashion.  For example, her stuffed animals must be arranged in a line:



No animals strewn helter-skelter across the bed.  That won't make for an awesome room.  Jeezy has his place in the middle of the bed, laid out as if on the cross.  Except that instead of a cross, Jeezy's laid out on Madeleine's mermaid tail blanket, which is spread horizontally across the bed.  Madeleine's pajama bottoms go on the left side of the bed, folded, and her pajama top is folded and place on the right.




Madeleine's various pillows all have their place in her awesome room, as well.  Her bean bag "M" pillow is usually atop her regular pillow (embroidered with "Madeleine") but when she's in bed reading, the "Madeleine" pillow serves as a cushion for her bum.  Her two pillow pets rest atop her other regular pillow (embroidered with "Emilia.")  Everything in its place.  Is this an awesome room or what?!?

As Madeleine put it to me yesterday: "Well, Mommy, I realized that if I want a really super awesome room, then it couldn't be, like, super SLOPPY in there." 

I wish Julia would want an awesome room too.  Madeleine even tried to make Julia's room awesome.

MADELEINE: So Mommy, I put all of Julia's American Girl dolls away, I made her BED, I even tried to polish the DOORKNOB, but...that didn't really work, so I wasn't really able to do it...

Julia was not happy with the room's new awesomeness.

JULIA: Madeleine, why did you put my computer on my BED?
MADELEINE: Julia, I was cleaning up your room for you.
JULIA: But you put my American Girl dolls away.  And you put my computer on my bed.
MADELEINE: No, Julia, your computer was ALREADY on your bed.
JULIA: (grumpily) Well I like it on my FLOOR.
MADELEINE: But then there's a big mess on your floor.
JULIA: I don't care. I like this stuff on my floor.

Sigh.  I don't think Julia will commit to having a super awesome room any time soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment