Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Swimmer of the Week and more

Guess who was awarded "Swimmer of the Week" after the first week of summer swim practice?:




All Madeleine can remember from what the coaches said is that she is "the Queen of Enthusiasm."  I mean, I believe it! 


On another Madeleine note, as we walked to the car after practice this evening, she relayed another of her somewhat OCD tendencies to me.

MADELEINE: Mommy?  I used to count EVERYTHING, because...in my "Women in Science" book, uh...what's her name...oh, yeah!  CATHERINE JOHNSON?  They said that when she was a kid she used to count everything, so I thought that meant that to be a scientist, you have to count everything.  But I finally had to, like, DRAW THE LINE when I started to count the letters in words in my books.

Well, I'm glad she knows to draw the line SOMEWHERE.



And finally, in honor of Ethan's birthday, the girls collaborated to make...this...


It's full of inside joke quotes.  I wasn't there for any of them, so the humor eludes me, but the girls and Ethan ARE. LITERALLY. CONSTANTLY. SAYING "I sure hope someone can fix my spectacles" and cracking up. 

Julia made the bright and attractive quote poster and Madeleine made the spectacles.  Teamwork!  I got Ethan a food processor for his birthday so I'm not nearly as fun or cool.

Happy Birthday, Co-Rowe Household Parent!

No comments:

Post a Comment