Monday, June 24, 2019

Skiing Disaster Master

One final excerpt from Madeleine's writing folder.  Here is her account of her first time skiing:

Skiing Disaster Master
By Madeleine Rowe

I had just finished my first skiing lesson ever, and then it was time to just ski around for fun.  But I wasn't very good at it.

First disaster: I got up the escolater-thingy okay.  But when I got off, there were people right in front of me.  I tried to stop, but instead fell flat on my back.

Second disaster: Okay.  It was my second time around.  My first time went great (besides Disaster #1!)  I followed my Daddy down the bunny slope.  He was really fast and good!  I had almost reached the bottom when another wipeout occurred.  I was trying to catch up to Daddy.  If you ski fast 1. get nervous.  2. Wobble around. 3. Fall over.  This continued for my third time down the hill, too.  Then I got used to the slope and could make it down without falling.

Disaster #3: This one actually hurt.  My Daddy and I skiied up to the green (or maybe it's blue) slope.  Daddy told me to go.  I tried to, but fell and banged my head.  I don't trust helmets anymore!!!  I had a headache for the rest of the day.  I also might've twisted my wrist, too.  But I'm not so sure.  It hurt a little.

Last two disasters: Daddy skiied down the hill to give me a demonstration since I was scared.  The hill looked pretty steep to me!  I asked him some silly questions, like, "What if I fall off the hill?" and "What if I bang into the fence?" I repeated some questions too.  Finally, Daddy convinced me to try.  And what do you expect?  I fell.

After waiting in line for a little, it was my turn on the escalator-thingy.  I didn't know it would be so steep, honest!!  I hopped on, and it went straight up.  So I fell.  They had to stop it until I was back up and ready.  I am really, truly a skiing disaster master.

All in all, I think I did pretty well!



Wait, she did??  I guess she means multiple disasters notwithstanding??

No comments:

Post a Comment