Saturday, June 15, 2019

Anniversary Brunch

Happy 17th anniversary to my Rowe parent counterpart!



I have unfortunately had Fifth Disease over the past week, transitioning from muscle aches, fatigue and fever into joint pain and swelling so severe that a few nights ago I could barely even move my head.  Consequently, our anniversary celebration this year is forced to be a bit muted; however, we still got to enjoy my favorite weekend tradition: a brunch of bagels and eggs and French Press coffee while relaxing to the radio and music.  In fact, because this tradition is so special to Ethan and I, I bought him a new bagel toaster as his anniversary gift this year, given that our old toaster is on its absolutely last legs. 

The kids showed how astute they are about things that aren't ALL ABOUT THEM them when they came into the dining room during our brunch.

MADELEINE: (seeing the new toaster in its box on the dining room table) Huh?  New toaster?
ME: Yup. To replace the one that's falling apart.
MADELEINE: Wait.  Why did JULIA steal your wrapping paper?
JULIA: I did NOT!
ME: What?!?
MADELEINE: Julia stole it.
JULIA: No I didn't!
ME: What are you talking about?
MADELEINE: There's wrapping paper on the ground.  Why did Julia STEAL it?
ETHAN: Mom got me a toaster for our anniversary.
MADELEINE AND JULIA: (blank stares)
ME: I wrapped the toaster.  It was a present.
JULIA: (realization dawning on her face) It's your ANNIVERSARY!  Oh!  Happy anniversary!


Glad we were able to crack the urgent case of the wrapping paper thief.  It was me.  I stole my own wrapping paper to wrap a toaster for my husband for our anniversary.  CASE CLOSED!

No comments:

Post a Comment