Sunday, June 23, 2019

More Schoolwork

More work from the kids' school year: from Madeleine's writing folder.

Why We Need a Longer Lunch
By Madeleine Rowe

Once upon a time, there was a girl Madeleine.  Me.  It was pizza day, so the line was very long.  And I was the VERY LAST PERSON IN LINE.  By the time I sat down, there was litterally only two minutes left.  LITTERALLY.  I had to stay for about 15 more minutes in the cafeteria!  I still didn't finish my lunch.  A sad, sad story.

We waste food.  We have to throw away unfinished food.  That's bad for the Earth two.  We waste our parents' money!  And since we have to eat our healthy food first, our desert gets thrown away!

I'm really picky.  So my Mommy thinks I'm just being picky when really I didn't have enough time to finish.  Even if I tell her!

When I'm hungry I get super uncomfortable.  Gas pains, headaches, and rumbling stomachs could occur.  That's what happens to my Mommy when she drinks milky!

Thank you for listening.  I hope we will get a longer lunch.



Now THAT is a persuasive essay, Madeleine!

But I think my favorite may be this cliff-hanger about why her family is so amazing.



Why my Family is Wonderful
By Madeleine Rowe

Mommy

Mommy works hard.  She loves me.  She snuggles me every night.  She reminds me to do things.  She helps me.  She times my 20 minutes of reading.  She makes my bed.  She picks



That's the extent of why Madeleine's family is wonderful.  I guess it's all because of me.  But I'd really like to know what I pick.  Her up from school?  My nose?  Outfits for the next school day?  Whatever it is, it's obviously not important enough to include in this essay about Madeleine's amazing family.

No comments:

Post a Comment