Monday, December 31, 2018

New Year's Eve

Happy New Year from the Rowes!

MADELEINE: Mommy?  What I love about the New Year is telling JOKES.  Like..."See ya next year!"  Or..."Oh my God, I haven't seen you since last YEAR!"  or, like..."See ya in a year."

What *I* love about the New Year is the extra time off from school and work to spend with my family.  We did our traditional New Year's Eve events in town, starting with a marionette show, "The Fairy Circus."

JULIA: (in a terrified whisper) Wait, is that a clown?!?

There was another clown too:


Next we went to a series of performances by the Charles River Ballet Academy, where Madeleine was delighted to hear her favorite movie soundtrack music ("Pirates of the Carribbean") during one of the dances.

Last was a magic show:


And we finished off with our traditional New Year's Eve dinner of Mexican cuisine:




I leave you, and 2018, with the following:

MADELEINE: I don't think of January as the New Year.  I think of January as old, miserable, dreaded.

Happy almost January, all!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am actually surprised that Madeleine didn't get inspired by the Pirates of the Caribbean soundtrack to write a new movie! Happy New Year to all the Rowes, may it bring you joy, health and happiness.

    ReplyDelete