Monday, December 10, 2018

Madeleine's movie.

Madeleine decided that she wants to make a movie using the iMovies program on her computer.  In the midst of dinner, she sprung it upon me that I was needed in the upcoming scene.  My part was simple: I merely had to inform Madeleine that we were going to a cabin for Christmas this year.

I gave it my best shot.

However, my delivery was apparently not up to snuff.

MADELEINE: Mommy?  You might wanna work on your acting a little bit.
ME: Why, what did I do wrong?
MADELEINE: You said your line with too much SUSPENSE.
ME: So I did a bad job?
MADELEINE: (guiltily): Sorry, Mommy.

She continued to try and explain her critique on the car ride to swim.

MADELEINE: Mommy, the reason that I told you that is because on "My Little Pony," Princess Celestia is REALLY BAD at acting, and nobody tells her, and then they accidentally tell her, and she gets really upset that nobody told her the truth.
ME: So you thought you would let me know that I stunk at acting so that you were being honest?
MADELEINE: Well, you didn't STINK, it's just that you could use a little work on your LINE.
ME: Okay, how should I have said it?
MADELEINE: Well, you just said it with too much SUSPENSE.


I guess I should take it from the expert actress herself.  Behold my scene and then hers, and you'll see who the TRUE natural shining actress is:

2 comments:

  1. Oh for sure, you get the Oscar! Sorry Maddog, but Mommy is a better actor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least Madeleine is CONFIDENTLY wrong.

    ReplyDelete