Friday, February 9, 2018

My Einsteins

This evening, at dinner:

JULIA: Mommy?  Our teacher told us a joke today.  "What kind of fish is perfect for Valentine's Day?"
ME: Uhh...an angelfish??
JULIA: No.  A cuttlefish!
ME: Oh, I get it.
MADELEINE: Oh, wait!  Mommy!  You'll DEFINITELY get this one.  What kind of thing lives in Heaven and is perfect for Christmas?
ME: Um.  An angel?
MADELEINE: No! - oh.  Wait.  Hang on.  I mean: what kind of FISH lives in Heaven and is perfect for Christmas?
ME: An angelfish?
MADELEINE: (delighted) Yes!!  You got it!


Wow.  That was an AMAZING joke, Madeleine.  I'm pretty proud of myself for getting it right!


Meanwhile, this happened earlier in the week:

JULIA: Mommy?  I need help!
ME: What's up?
JULIA: My pockets are, like, in my BUTT CHEEKS or something!
ME: Come over here. (feeling around outside her pajama pants where a bunchy lump is bulging)
JULIA: I put my pajamas on and it feels like the pockets are stuck in the butt or something.
ME: Hang on.  Take the pants off for a second.
JULIA: (pulling down her pajama pants, to discover a pair of underwear falling out of the butt of the pants and onto the ground.) Wait.  WHAT?
ME: Did you forget to take last night's underwear out of the pajama pants?
JULIA: (giggling) Uh, yeah, I guess so!

Mystery solved.  I don't know what to do with these whip-smart geniuses I'm raising.



No comments:

Post a Comment