Friday, April 14, 2017

Many Madeleine Projects

Madeleine is clearly filled with the spirit of charity during this Lent.  I woke up this morning to find the blueprints for her latest business plan:


Sihn up to help the poor!
Band to raise money for the poor!


So far, both Madeleine and Julia are on board.  Is this going to be a flute/piano ensemble?  Or perhaps Madeleine will be the lead singer?  I can't wait to hear one of their numbers!



It's hard to believe that the girl who is ambitiously planning to raise money to help the poor is the same kid who drew this picture of Bat Girl seemingly taking an ax to the head:

Yikes.  Gory.


In other Madeleine business plans, today she decided she wanted to make her own Kidz Bop video.  "Now, hasn't she done that already?"  you may be thinking.  Let me clarify: while Madeleine has indeed made up her own Kidz Bop SONGS and dances on video, this time she wanted to do exactly as the Kidz Bop performers do: put dance moves to an already popular song.  She opted for a Katy Perry tune, and went to town with her dance routine:





Unfortunately, Madeleine is dissatisfied with the outcome of her first video attempt, and really wants a re-do.

MADELEINE: Mommy?  Can you make a NEW video of me dancing?
ME: Why?  You already did one.
MADELEINE: Because.  Mommy.  It's not a REALISTIC Kidz Bop video.
ME: Why not?
MADELEINE: Because.  First of all, in Kidz Bop videos, there's not a MOM in the video the WHOLE TIME, like, WATCHING the kids dance.
ME: We can probably crop me out of the video if you really want.
MADELEINE: But Mommy.  Also.  In Kidz Bop videos they don't fall and crash into things.
ME: Hmm.  But that makes your video more interesting!
MADELEINE: No.  Mommy.  I want it to be a REAL Kidz Bop video that gets famous.  It can't get famous if I wipe out!
ME: Well, you can't really promote it as a Kidz Bop video, because you'd have to actually be part of the Kidz Bop company to make their videos.
MADELEINE: But Mommy!  The Kidz Bop people are TEENAGERS!  By the time I'm a teenager, they'll be DEAD!
ME: Madeleine.  Will *I* be dead by the time you're a teenager?
MADELEINE: (deep in thought) Will you?
ME: I hope not!
MADELEINE: Okay, well, they won't be DEAD, but they'll be OLD LADIES!
ME: Madeleine.  You'll be a teenager in six years.  I'll be 44 by then. That's not an old lady age.  If I'm not an old lady in six years, then the teenagers DEFINITELY won't be old ladies.

Somehow, my argument was not convincing enough, and she's holding fast to her desire to make a new video.  I'll be sure to stay out of sight in the next one, although I can't really control Madeleine's propensity for wiping out.  Stay tuned for more Madeleine dancing adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment